Stunning Valle de Guadalupe Winery
First Time Ever on Market
Own the Best Winery in Valle de Guadalupe plus Boutique Hotel in Mexico’s Stunning Wine Region
Golden opportunity for hotel and restaurant development, with substantial water, existing power, and large septic run throughout the property. Rare chance to own a historic winery, vineyard, and boutique hotel in the highly sought-after Valle de Guadalupe.
- Certified Wells with Rights to 240,000m3/Year and Very Rare Substantial Underground Water
- Completely Fenced 198-Acre Property: 80 Acres Hillside, 40 Acres Planted Vines, and 78 Acres Flat to Plant
- Track Record of Critically Acclaimed Estate Wines with Multiple Gold Medals
- Prestigious, Highly Sought-After Direct to Consumer Destination
- Boutique Hotel Consisting of 4 Buildings with 4 Suites, 6 Bathrooms, and Separate Kitchen/Living Room Building
- Will Consider All Offers and Possible Some Owner Finance
- Motivated Seller
- World-class location in the heart of Valle de Guadalupe surrounded by several premier wineries
- This Valle de Guadalupe Winery produces grapes from some of the oldest vines in the region
- Turnkey operating winery with multiple revenue opportunities
- Available land for expansion of vines or future development
Valle De Guadalupe Winery Photos:
- 2 certified wells with rights to 240,000m3/year and substantial underground water supply to meet capacity. Underground irrigation running throughout entire 50+ hectares of easily farmed land with drip irrigation to existing vines.
- With a great record of producing critically acclaimed wines and highly sought-after grapes, Viñedos Malagón is the perfect vineyard for a large hospitality group to use to produce its own estate wines. The vineyards currently produce approximately 62 tons of seven grape varieties: Petite Sirah, Sauvignon Blanc, Grenache Blanc, Merlot, Nebbiolo, Grenache, Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Cabernet Franc. A large section of the vineyards contains some of the oldest vines in Valle—an award-winning Grenache is produced from these older vines.
- World-class location for up-scale hotel, restaurant, and/or residential development, which, mostly thanks to the incredible setting of the existing hotel that has resulted in 4.8 rating on TripAdvisor (#5 out of 205 places to stay in Valle). Malagón is also surrounded by some of the best wineries in Valle de Guadalupe, has a church for weddings and services immediately adjacent that was donated by Malagón, and is located in a small village off a paved road and near the main highway, making it very accessible and convenient for guests.
Interested in learning more about this property?
Fill out the form below, and we’ll get back to you. Thank you.
- The existing Valle de Guadalupe boutique hotel consists of 5 buildings with 4 suites, 6 bathrooms, separate common house with kitchen and living room, and an adjacent second tasting room and event space. While simply furnished with a rustic feel, it is a spectacular place to stay.
- The owners pulled substantial power to the hotel site in the middle of the property decades ago, and they built a large septic system that could support a much larger hotel. It also has plenty of water storage with underground piping to the site. These entitlements, improvements and in-place infrastructure could potentially save years in the development of a new hotel and winery on the site.
- The real estate has been owned by a private individual for more than 20 years and in the same family for over 60 years. A portion of the property (mostly on the hillside) is “posesión” land that is in the final stages of being transferred to fee simple ownership. The winery is separately owned in a Mexican corporation that is not included in this sale, but it could be added if desired.
- Conveniently located, the winery is a 90-minute drive from the border in San Diego and about 30 minutes from Ensenada.